Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Patch 5.2 Initial thoughts

The Thunder King came out yesterday and so far I have a mixed reaction, there are some really good changes but some annoying ones as well.

Good changes:
Bandages stacking
Pet tamer pets are in a predictable order now (I think)
Lots of new pets! some of which look awesome.

Annoying changes:
Half my pet add-ons are broken (I know this is temporary but still annoying)
The new legendary pets are stupidly easy but give garbage for experience
The new legendary pets daily quest adds a lot of extra flying around
Many of the new pets require you to participate in the new raid instance. I don't have time for that crap. Hopefully they will be cageable so I can just buy them.
They fixed the Dragonkin passive which makes dragons less potent.

Strategy changes:
Overall not much has changed. That's mostly a product of not relying of FoTM overpowered combos to beat everything. I did a run through last night of all the pet tamers and all of the strategies I've posted still work. I have changed one of my strategies which I hadn't gotten around to posting yet for the Vale of Eternal Blossoms pet tamer.

New Legendary Pets:
As I mentioned above, these are significantly easier than I was expecting. I was able to beat several of them with one pet, and all of them with two. It would have been cool for power leveling except for the fact that they give almost no experience. Several of them are easy because their move sets are pretty terrible and do very low damage overall. They are all easy because they only have one pet type. This means that you can stack three hard counters and faceroll. If you are looking for ideas on how to counter specific types, you can check out one of my early posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment