Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Beasts of Fable

So a couple weeks ago I posted my initial thoughts on the new legendary pets that are part of the Beasts of Fable - something along the lines of them being stupidly easy. I had no idea at the time that they are the most brain dead battles in the game.

I originally had no plans to even post about them. They were simple enough - you pick 3 of a hard counter and press buttons to win. The reason for this post is to demonstrate just how little thought Blizzard put into creating these new legendary time-wasting battles.

What you say? It is sad, but every single one of them can be beaten by a very easy to put together trio of pets, using one skill. "What is this black magic you speak of?" you may find yourself asking.

Trample

In most situations Trample is a mediocre skill. When you are fighting a pet that has around 1600 health it translates into an ability that does about as much as any other. On the other hand, when you are fighting a "legendary" pet that has around 4300 health, that is suddenly 430 damage on top of the 150-200 damage the skill does without the bonus. Some other benefits - the bonus portion of the skill does not miss and it not affected by damage reduction modifiers. Even the turtles with Shell Shield or the Racoons thingy that reduces your damage by half will not affect the bonus damage of trample.



Some examples of me putting my expert skill in to action. In all of these videos I was pretty unlucky with the amount damage I took and they still all died easily.

My team consists of:
Clefthoof Runt
Stunted Shardhorn
Pint-Sized Pink Pachyderm

There are a number of other pets that have Trample as well.




2 comments:

  1. I find a combo of my Terrible Turnip, Nether Faerie Dragon and Brilliant Kaliri works well for me. I open with the Turnip and use Sunlight, then switch to my NFD and hit the Beast with a few Arcane Blasts, then use Life Exchange when I'm low. Finally I sub in the Kaliri and use Predatory Strike. Since Sunlight increases their max and not current hp, it means you can insta-kill them at about 1700-1800 hp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I'd guess there are an endless possibility of combos that work against the legendary pets. I was just demonstrating how you can beat it by spamming one ability.

    It is sort of disappointing, it would have been cool if Blizz added some special legendary mechanics to make them challenging

    ReplyDelete